Friday, April 13, 2007

Roll-Playing: I Kid You Knot


Brother! This blogging business is becoming more and more a weekend thing. Well, I do have a life beyond these words you're reading, and several other megs' worth that precede these here. And said life does exist, despite insistences to the contrary – e.g., daughter Shelly (just turned twenty-four; must have snuck a dozen or more years in on me when I wasn't looking) has a degree in Psychology; says so right here on the vellum. This makes her academically certified to determine and diagnose that I have no life. I've yet to prove otherwise to her… although that doesn't motivate me toward life-demonstrativeness (on her terms), either.

Those dozen-or-more years, by the way, are only superficial; case in point is that she just now called me from an unknown number, and asked me if I could roll my tongue. "No," I said, naturally. "Okay," she answered… and hung up on me. 

Twenty-four is not too old to be a brat. No, not my tongue – but my eyes roll back quite nicely, Shell.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment