Thursday, March 15, 2007

Pundemonium: Le' Go Me Legume!


Ah, Ben – you have to give the man credit for never giving up… although that’s par for the course for punsters. 

Today he happily told me of an earlier exchange with Priscilla. She'd arrived a bit late and complained that someone had given her a particularly hard time on the way in. So at Ben's suggestion, she was referring to the person as "Mr. Peanut". 

"Do you know why that is?" Ben asked me bravely/foolishly. 

I looked back at him. "Because she was a-salted?" 

Ben started back to his cubicle wordlessly, but I continued, "Did he at least say some nice things about her?" 

The way he stopped in his tracks and pulled his head back defensively showed that Ben knew this would be a stinker, but not atrocious; he shrugged. 

I was thinking of an old walks-into-the-bar joke, seen also as a goofy cartoon. I explained, "Well, then he'd be a complimentary peanut."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment