Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day: Puer Natus Est


With Christmas Day fast waning down, I just don't have the time (late) this evening to write as thorough a blog as I'd like to. Ironically, this is rather antithetical to one of the main messages inherent in our observance and celebration of Jesus' birth: peace, calm, and simplicity.

Today saw me dashing off over a couple minor mountain-ranges to pick up lovely younger daughter Portia from her likewise-lovely Bavarian-cream mom's home – located in the calm, sedate eye of the veritable Holy-Day hurricane – to the utter and wonderful maelstrom madhouse at my sister Mew's home. More on this, perhaps, later. For now: it was awesome.

So, no, I didn't immerse myself in the peace that surrounds our Prince of Peace. Nonetheless, over the coming days I want to look at here, in depth, some of the key pivot-points of our pastor's homily yesterday on Jesus' birth; stand by for the twelve days of Christmas.

Hectic or not, it's such a beautiful – and utterly pivotal, and significant – date that, well, why just celebrate it on one day?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment