Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Higher 'n Hire


I said in my last posting here that the next posting would be a hard-slam refutation of "the much ballyhooed claim that the Vatican was a Nazi collaborator up to and during World War II". Toward that end, I immediately began my screed and started digging around the net for more backup. I had to shelve that pursuit for a time, though, as other demands on my time and attention and keyboard tugged me.
Strike that word, "shelved". I most definitely will get that piece completed and up here soon – though I'd also like to catch my pair of readers (counting myself) up on items that have backlogged since I began my defense of His Late Holiness, Pius XII.
First off – and speaking of holiness – I just got back from turning in a pre-interview application for the provincial office of a Catholic religious order. The position is, essentially, executive assistant for their Provincial Council; out of consideration for them I won't name them, though.
But if you know me, you'll know how thrilled I was to fill out, for the first time in my life, a job application whose header included a crucifix! Once I'd filled out the application, I followed a priest to the receptionist's desk, and nearly bumped into a professed sister as I was on the way (floating) out the door. Cool!!
The facility is right next door to a saint's home shrine (one who's been a role model for my mother… not that she's ever needed one), and just up the road from a big Catholic university that counts among its students many of the MFVA monks at EWTN!
If I'm interviewed or not, I have to give my sister a bucket of kudos for this lead; she spotted it, and likely broke several nails pounding the keys to get quick word to me. Mew, I owe you!

No comments:

Post a Comment