Friday, February 2, 2007

Random Rumination: Le' Go My Ego!

During a rare slow period at work this afternoon, I tried a few googles to see if I could pull up content from this blog yet. I did, in fact – and also achieved that rarest of googlings, where you get a single result. There's a casual game – and conveniently I forget the name for it – where folks try to find two words that, googled together, yield just one page.

I did my search with "MT2mb" and "agingchild" together… neither one of which are recognized words, technically, so I might have to forfeit my crown only hours after slipping it down over my eyes and smirking foolishly. It still works, too; here's a screenshot:


Why, yes; my Google settings are in Klingon for the moment… or didn't you know that Google has some "gag" languages hidden in their settings? Haxor, Latin – both Pig and Classical – , Elmer Fudd, something silly called "Bork bork bork!" that must be part of a hilarious inside joke I'm outside of, and a couple others.

In any case, Google's link leads to a pre-search with a group called "Technorati", who at press time have found 278 blogs using the word "rumination"… which includes my entry from several days ago (second one down in their list), and presumably – later – this one too. Thanks, guys!

I leaned back in my chair, there at work, and enjoyed the feeling of power for a moment… although I'm never comfortable in the spotlight (little different from crosshairs), nor holding a great amount of power and control: as John Miles sings on the Alan Parsons Project's 1985 disk "Stereotomy": "Limelight, don't let me slip right through your fingers; there's a long way to fall!"

Still, it was quite awing to find my existence acknowledged by a third party. Occasionally (under my own name) my few posts to genealogy sites will show up if you search certain terms – this is from regular forays, last couple years, to find further corroboration on the hundreds of names and dates given in our family-history book.

One of my brothers shows up very easily, all over the internet, since he's an astrophysicist (that must be a really humbling profession, and so very worth it), and many of his papers are out there (in more ways than two!) electronically.

My other brother shows up with more modest frequency from the many road-races he's run; I show up on at least two or three of those same pages… and quite a few spots further down on the final tally. But… I did still run!

And one of my sisters, too, pops up (under her husband's last name) with any of a number of product reviews she's done over the years. Gal knows her stuff!

I do hope to be present in more places on the Web over time – but for writings e-published, this blog, and so on. It's not a delusion of grandeur… although, by definition, how would I know it isn't?

But I do know I have things to say. Some of these are – pardon my momentary ego – profound; some carry a bit of good esthetic weight, and others are worth at least a snort and/or crooked half-grin. And some things, I hope, may even help bridge the needless gap between spirit/God, and the lost, shivering human. I'll work in some spiritual themes here, too.

Right now, in the back of my mind I'm beginning something for Sunday's post… might get me my man-card revoked, since I don't care a flying fig for football, or the "Super" Bowl. But moron – excuse me; more on – that in a couple days.

Now let's see if I can actually embed a JPG without reformatting my blog. And… just a few years ago, that would have made no sense to me. Woo-hoo; I made it into the twenty-first century!

No comments:

Post a Comment